There are some startling stats on how much we (yes, all of us!) use the internet when it comes to our oral, physical and mental health. Whether it is for dental and orthodontics, medical or behavioral health, patients find or research your business online at significant levels. Check out these facts:
- 77% of patients use online search prior to making an appointment, showing that digital branding and content are key to the decision process. (Source: DMN3, Texas)
- 80% of Internet users (about 93 million Americans) have searched for health-related topic online. (Souce: PatientPoint)
- 42% of individuals viewing health information on social media look at health-related consumer reviews. (Source: PricewaterhouseCoopers)
- The most trusted sources of healthcare Web content come from doctors (60%), nurses (56%) and hospitals (55%). (Source: PricewaterhouseCoopers).
So, how can you bring more patients in the door more consistently? After all, the Hinge Research Institute reports that Sales/Marketing for new patient acquisition is the #1 reported costly pain point for professional service firms. We can promise you one thing: if you are not effectively marketing your clinic or practice well, your competition is, and you can be left behind. Here are some key areas to focus on to better market to and engage potential patients:
- Have the best brand look possible online. If your website is not modern, informative, mobile responsive and user friendly then potential patients will hesitate or go elsewhere. One of our patient service clients likened it to having an outdated or dirty waiting room. Your website needs to be top notch.
- Have a social media presence and use it well. Social media is what the name says – it is social. Be an informative resource to the public about their healthcare matters. Chat with potential patients about their health concerns and tips for improving their lives. Engage your brand with those closest to you geographically. Be informative and inviting through your online reputation. Gain reviews. It takes a lot of work, and we can do that for you, and it pays off for your business!
- Boost our online presence and be highly searchable. Your patient services business needs rank well in searches and be easy to engage with online. If it doesn’t, your competition will. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) does just that, but it takes a lot of work to improve business listings, maps, reviews, web content and more. We are pros at doing all of that for your business and getting potential patients engaged with you locally.
All of this marketing work takes professional approaches, know-how and very consistent work each month. The ROI for you by acquiring more patients can be very significant. You focus on caring for your patients, let Agora Company bring them to you and grow your business.