WE ARE AGORA COMPANY
Agora Company is a specialized, boutique shop delivering big agency quality without the big agency pricing, fusing high quality marketing tools into your business to grow your revenue. We take pride in creating special partnerships with our clients and helping them grow their business. Founded in 2009, Agora Co. helps relay businesses into the marketplace, and we’ve only improved over time. Healthcare marketing is a specialty area of our services. We are a true marketing team of talented design, web, and client service individuals with the expertise needed to move your business along the pathway.
We can’t wait to talk to you.
YEARS IN BUSINESS
SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Meet our team
Full of talent and creatives
President & Founder
Chris Bates is the President & Founder of Agora Company. He and his wife, Stacy, have four children between them, currently live in Madison, and attend St. James Episcopal Church. Chris serves in several volunteer leadership roles and board of director positions.
Chris attended the University of Alabama, completing his B.A.in Psychology with a minor in Business at Belhaven University in 1994. He worked as a nonprofit executive for 10 years. Chris then transitioned into retail for nearly a decade, having owned Mean Mallard, a large outdoor sporting goods store. In 2009, Chris decided to use his career experience to guide other business operators toward achieving their goals. Chris and his staff are motivated daily by using their God given talents to market, improve, and grow businesses so that their clients can, in turn, serve and impact others.
- If I could be any animal in the world, there is no question – Julep, my black lab. Be equally happy every day, go duck hunting, hang out in the backyard most of the day, ride shotgun in my Dad’s truck on weekends, curl up in front of the fire and snooze, repeat.
Katy Agnew graduated from Mississippi State with a degree in communications with an emphasis in public relations. She started with Cooking Light in Birmingham before moving back to Jackson and working in sales with the Northside Sun. Along the way, she married her husband Cliff, had two daughters, Ann Trotter and Jane, and is in the process of remodeling their Canton home.
As the Project Manager at Agora, Katy enjoys putting her organization skills, OCD tendencies and general bossiness into action. In her free time, she chases children, runs a taxi service to birthday parties, enjoys wine, and volunteers her time and talents to her children’s school and activities.
- What’s the one thing everyone should know about you? I can do a really weird trick with my eyes… It’s creepy.
- Three things I can’t live without are… Coffee, wine and Jesus (in no particular order)
Web Projects Manager
Jeff Childress graduated from ITT Tech with a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
Jeff enjoys learning and staying on top of the latest Digital Marketing trends.
When Jeff is able to step away from the technology, he enjoys being outdoors and playing sports. He lives in Madison with his wife Maurijo and 3 kids, Ajalee (9), Zeke (7) and Kylee (3)
- What’s the one word that your co-workers would choose to describe you? Probably “health-nut” since I never say yes to a popsicle run.
Katie Rogers has both a graphic design degree from Belhaven University and an English degree from Mississippi State because she just could not make up her mind. But design and the pursuit of all things creative is what holds a place in her heart and what she enjoys the most about working with Agora.
When not at a computer screen, she enjoys an array of creative outlets ranging from woodworking to linoleum block printing to cross stitch to baking. She lives in Madison with her husband Jonathan and her boys, Mac and Adam (Cheese).
- The fictional character most like me is: A cross between Ron Swanson and Phil Dunphy
- What’s your nickname: Known around the office as “K2”, the second and slightly inferior Kat(ie)y
Social Media Manager
Bertille Young is originally from Lyon, France and decided to move to the United States right after high-school. Bertille earned her Bachelor Degree in Marketing from Georgia College and her Master of Business Administration from Augusta State.
She is very passionate about Marketing and the use of social media to connect with your customers on a personal level. She also really enjoys promoting local businesses and helping them grow and support each other.
- Fill in the blank – I’m really good at…making cheese boards. (Yes it is a thing, I promise. Look it up on Pinterest)
- What’s the first thing you think about in the morning? Coffee. Coffee. Coffee.
Graphic Designer Intern
Lacadric Bronson was born in Alexandria, Louisiana. After graduating from Belhaven University with a Bachelor’s Degree of Fine Arts in Graphic Design in May of 2015, he took up residence in Jackson, MS.
- If you could be any animal in the world, what animal would you be and why? I would love to be a lion. Lion King is one of my favorite movies of all time and by growing dreads, I pretty much have a majestic lions’ mane already. I would just need to make the full transition into the animal kingdom!
- What’s the one thing everyone should know about you? My name is technically spelled wrong. There is an invisible ‘l’ in front of the ‘d’. So it is pronounced ‘Lacaldric’ but spelled ‘Lacadric’. No idea how it happened. And i’m too far along to change it now!
LET’S TALK ABOUT GROWING YOUR BUSINESS
Get in touch with us for a no-obligation consultation.